CATS Hoops Youth Basketball
The Davidson Youth Basketball program has been established to provide boys with the opportunity to play and learn the game of basketball in a fun, competitive environment. Our mission is to encourage elementary-aged boys to become active in the sport by emphasizing skill development, teamwork, sportsmanship, and competition in a positive, supportive atmosphere.
HD Youth Program Principles
- Highest priority will be placed on skill development during practice, including ball handling, passing, footwork, shooting, decision-making, and understanding man to man defensive principles.
- Sportsmanship is expected at all times.
- Teamwork, building positive relationships, and being part of a program that’s bigger than any one individual will be emphasized. Coaches and parents will model supportive, respectful behavior for the players.
- Coaches will do their best to make playing time and responsibilities fair, but that does not always mean equal. Playing time is earned, though it is our goal for all players to develop through game experience.
- Competitive opportunities are important, but so is learning how to handle winning AND losing.
- Basketball is fun, and it’s even better when a group of people come together to focus on and celebrate teamwork, improvement, hard work, and good sportsmanship.